Then the Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron, ‘Stretch out your hand with your staff over the streams and canals and ponds, and make frogs come up on the land of Egypt.’”
6 So Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up and covered the land.
- God is able to perform signs and wonders wherever (and through whomever) He chooses. Egypt was a dark and dangerous place, full of idolatry, superstition and occultism. But God’s light broke through again and again;
- Also, if God tells you do something you will be able to do it. His power accompanies His commands. He will do far more than you can ask or imagine. When you and I do, by God’s enabling, what we are so obviously unable to do in our own strength, He gets the praise. That is only right.
- Who is God telling you to stretch out your hand to? May be it will be an outstretched hand in prayer, or practical help? Perhaps both?
- What is God telling you to reach out your hand in order to receive? What have you been asking for? It is so true, I believe, that the Lord is more willing to give than we are to receive.
- What is God telling you to stretch out your hand over in faith, prayer and the authority of God’s Word? As Dave Green said repeatedly at our first church house party many years ago: ‘Things can change!’
“Pray as you can, not as you can’t.”
– Dom Chapman
“Whether we realise it or not, prayer is the encounter of God’s thirst with ours. God thirsts that we may thirst for him.”
– St. Augustine
Leave a Reply